Submissions/Wikipedia takes Ahmedabad: On recruiting newbies
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Wikipedia takes Ahmedabad: On recruiting newbies
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Panel on photothons
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
This presentation plans to be a part of the panel on photothons as outreach tools and how successful they are. Having conducted the Wikipedia Takes Ahmedabad photothon with around 75 participants and having generated over 800 photographs (see Commons:Category:Ahmedabad_1), there are lessons we learned in media uploading, outreach, measure of recruitment success and more. I would like to share the same and provide a better perspective on photothons- how to, what to and what not to.
- Track (Wikis and the Public Sector; GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums); WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education; Technology and Infrastructure)
Wikiculture and Community
- Length of presentation/talk (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 10 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Yes, if I get a scholarship
- Slides or further information (optional)
- To be uploaded
- Special request as to time of presentations (for example - can not present on Saturday)
- All days are good
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).