Submissions/GLAM and Outreach in India
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- GLAM and Outreach in India
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
Noopur Raval (Noopur28)
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
I wish to propose a presentation that recapitulates GLAM and related outreach activities that have been planned and organized in India in 2011. This presentation will attempt to touch upon outreach sessions, academies, meetups, photo walks, hackathons and the Wikiconference; all conducted in 2011 and their effectiveness in terms of editor recruitment and retention. Through this presentation I will try and show a multi-layered approach that covers cities as well as language groups. Regarding GLAM activities, I will talk about India's first GLAM collaboration with the National handicrafts & handlooms museum (NHHM). It is really in 2011 that a lot of discussions surrounding GLAM started. In my presentation I will focus on tentative collaborations, documentation and resources and GLAM task force activities.
- Track (Wikis and the Public Sector; GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums); WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education; Technology and Infrastructure)
- Wikiculture and Community
- Length of presentation/talk (if other then 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 Minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
I would like to but as a student, I can only come with a scholarship.
- Slides or further information (optional)
To be uploaded once created
- Special request as to time of presentations (for example - can not present on Saturday)
Prefer a morning session (before lunch)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Yes, anything from Indian Wikipedians and especially talks about outreach. Blue Rasberry (talk) 16:04, 3 February 2012 (UTC)
- MikeLynch 17:25, 10 February 2012 (UTC)
- HstryQT (talk) 16:30, 8 March 2012 (UTC)
- Balajijagadesh (talk) 18:23, 9 March 2012 (UTC)
- Santhosh.thottingal (talk) 04:01, 13 March 2012 (UTC)
- AbhiSuryawanshi (talk) 14:41, 16 March 2012 (UTC)
- Iopensa (talk) 11:20, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- Dsvyas (talk) 22:18, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
- Kippelboy (talk) 07:12, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
- Rangilo Gujarati (talk) 18:10, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
- Odisha1 (talk)