This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
WikiTV - using video as media
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
WikiTV started in 2011 as a collaboration between ORF (Austrian public broadcaster) and Wikimedia Österreich and incorporates several ideas of of video production in one project now:
- production of video clips enhancing Wikipedia articles
- eg. video interviews, produced via internet but in broadcasting quality
- ORF has donated the switchX software for webbased TV production
- facilitating community processes, discussions and decisions by using a video conference tool for debates
- public participation of viewers
- panelists will be voted by viewers
- http://www.debatto.org/ as platform - for both viewers and panelists only a browser with flash plugin needed
- chat system and integrated documentation - stream and chatlog are available afterwards instantly
- video documentation of offline activities
- professional recording equipment
- archiving of talks, panels, activities etc.
- may be used as factual source on Wikipedia articles
We would like to present the idea, the projects done and the current pilot which is being done in the German community. One of the goals of this pilot is to do WikiTV at Wikimania and produce a clip here, another one is to present and spark the idea of WikiTV in at least one other language community. In the long run WikiTV may end up as an independent Wikimedia project, using Wikimedia Commons as storage and providing material to all other Wikimedia projects.
Two additional presenters have been invited:
- Florian Hackenberger, developer and hoster of Debatto.org
- Julius Kratky, inventor of switchX and producer at ORF
- Track (Wikis and the Public Sector/GLAM - Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums/WikiCulture and Community/Research, Analysis, and Education/Technology and Infrastructure)
WikiCulture and Community
- Length of presentation/talk (if other then 25 minutes, specify how long)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations (for example - can not present on Saturday)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Video content on Wikimedia projects ought to be developed. This is great! Blue Rasberry (talk) 16:52, 19 January 2012 (UTC)
- NaBUru38 15:53, 5 February 2012 (UTC)
- CT Cooper · talk 21:19, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
- Possibly. Resident Mario 00:33, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
- AleXXw (talk) 16:14, 4 March 2012 (UTC)
- Geiserich77 (talk) 16:18, 4 March 2012 (UTC)
- Carolmooredc (talk) 18:39, 16 March 2012 (UTC)
- Amir E. Aharoni (talk)
- C.R.Selvakumar (talk) 01:33, 23 March 2012 (UTC)
- Djembayz (talk) 13:56, 19 April 2012 (UTC)
- Dimi z (talk) 13:20, 13 July 2012 (UTC)
- Add your username here.