Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Wikimedia Chapters - <some cool subtitle>
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Presentation & discussion
- E-mail address
- lodewijk at wmnederland punt nl; deror at wikimedia dot org punt il
- Country of origin
- Netherlands & Israel
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Netherlands & Wikimedia Israel
- Personal homepage or blog
- not appliccable
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Wikimedia Chapters exist all throughout the world and pulled off a great diversity of projects. This presentation will try to give some introduction to what chapters are (very shortly) and then introduce a large number of these projects, based on a survey given to the chapters on beforehand. This presentation could give an introduction to other sessions around chapter projects, and will point to the relevant sessions.
- The idea is not to give a relatively long presentations about a few very successful projects, but rather a lot of very short presentations of many cool ideas with 1-2 minutes per topic max. By having only one team of speakers for this introduction, there is little overheat time, and the audience can get a well structured overview. This presentation was also given in 2011 in Haifa by Lodewijk, and the slides and video are available here.
- Track (Wikis and the Public Sector; GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums); WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education; Technology and Infrastructure)
- WikiCulture and Community (but there will be quite some 'GLAM' inside it and perhaps also some technology and infrastructure)
- Length of presentation/talk (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- will have to discuss, probably preferred 60-90 minutes. This is necessary because of the huge amount of terrain to cover. Considering the amount of chapters and the variety of topics we would like to discuss, I think it is fair enough to ask for an exception.
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- not purely dependent on this.
- Slides or further information (optional)
- not available until July. To get an impression, look at the presentation with the same title in 2011 Haifa.
- Special request as to time of presentations (for example - can not present on Saturday)
- Should be on day 1 - so that it can point to more detailed sessions later in the schedule.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Resident Mario 00:32, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
- Sumanah 22:28, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
- Risker 04:36, 17 February 2012 (UTC)
- Abbasjnr 11:57, 17 February 2012 (UTC)
- AroundTheGlobe (talk)
- Definitely interesting --Juandev 14:29, 23 February 2012 (UTC)
- Haxpett (talk) 23:56, 10 March 2012 (UTC)
- True story: I wanted to go the wiki way and write <a cool subtitle> myself. I picked an English (paper!) dictionary and opened it randomly. My eyes fell on "creditable". I opened it on a different random page and my eyes fell on "foolishness". There you go: "Wikimedia Chapters - Creditable Foolishness". It's a really cool title, yet i was kinda reluctant to write it at the top. Amir E. Aharoni (talk)
- CT Cooper · talk 19:59, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
- Chuq (talk) 02:38, 18 May 2012 (UTC)
- Dmitri Lytov (talk) 14:37, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- Polimerek (talk) 11:17, 20 June 2012 (UTC)
- Rehman (talk) 11:12, 12 July 2012 (UTC)
- Nataev (talk) 13:58, 12 July 2012 (UTC)
- Add your username here.