Submissions/Wikipedia Dispute Resolution
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a rejected submission for Wikimania 2012.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Dispute resolution on the English Wikipedia
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Workshop and presentation
- Author of the submission
- w:User:Steven Zhang, w:User:Mr. Stradivarius
- E-mail address
- w:User:Steven Zhang, w:User:TransporterMan
- Country of origin
- Australia and United States respectively
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
- We will be addressing the history of dispute resolution on Wikipedia, and present the results of the Wikipedia Dispute resolution survey. We will take attendees through the various forums of dispute resolution, and what roles dispute resolution volunteers play. We would discuss problems that have been raised in the survey and get ideas on ways to move forward. We would also have a workshop, where a few examples of disputes would be presented, have the audience give ideas on how they'd resolve it, then discuss some key principles to use when encountering a dispute on Wikipedia. The main aim of this presentation is to increase awareness of dispute resolution on Wikipedia, and empower users with basic tools to be able to handle disputes in a better way.
A full plan of the presentation can be provided to the organisers on request, there is just a brief outline here.
- Track (Wikis and the Public Sector; GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums); WikiCulture and Community; Research, Analysis, and Education; Technology and Infrastructure)
- Research, Analysis, and Education
- Length of presentation/talk (if other then 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 70 minutes, as we will be doing a workshop in addition to the details provided above. We have a clear lesson plan available to organisers on request.
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special request as to time of presentations (for example - can not present on Saturday)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- CT Cooper · talk 21:18, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
- Steven Zhang 21:41, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
- TransporterMan 15:14, 15 February 2012 (UTC) (as coproposer/copresenter)
- Resident Mario 00:33, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
- Tom Morris 21:10, 20 February 2012 (UTC)
- Sbouterse 19:08, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
- MBisanz 19:56, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
- Writ Keeper 20:18, 23 February 2012 (UTC)
- Jtmorgan (talk) 20:45, 27 February 2012 (UTC)
- Carolmooredc (talk) 14:08, 16 March 2012 (UTC)
- Deryck Chan (talk) 00:41, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
- ... add yourself