If I posted on your talk page, respond there.
If you posted on my talk page, I will respond here.
Hi, can you give me sysop rights? I can translate the interface and create conditions for Vietnam community to participate into this events. I am also a sysop in vi.wiki, vi.wikt, strategy and outreach. Thanks --minhhuy*= (talk) 01:10, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
- Done. Harej 03:48, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
I just wanted to ask how can one help in processes like Submission review and other stuffs. I seems that they would be decided by the Organizing team. I am not a part of the organizing team so just wanted to ask how can I help. Vibhijain 11:56, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
- Are you asking to get involved, or are you asking how it is even possible? (For what it's worth, the final details on volunteering are still being sorted.) Harej 16:34, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
- I want to know how can I help as a off-site volunteer? Vibhijain 11:05, 29 May 2011 (UTC)
Long story but need visa letter already
I dont know if youre the person to talk to, but you should know who, if not. I have been involved in a complicated sad saga trying to get my husband a US visa starting in April to attend GLAM camp in May. In short, the embassy in Mexico's website has been messed up and we could not get him an appointment in time, even though the website said we had plenty of it and paid the non refundable $140 fee. Alex could not attend GLAM Camp but I did.
We decided to apply for the visa after the fact with the invitation we had an every shred of documentation we could find. Yesterday. Alex had his appointment. He was told that he could get it, but they want another letter referring specifically to Wikimania in 2012. I contacted Winifred Olliff, who wrote the original GLAM camp letter, but she told me to contact you.
I realize this is really far in advance, but if we wait, we lose the money and will have to start all over again next year, with records of TWO failed attempts to get a visa. If I understand correctly, we are really close and only need and "updated invitation" (the embassy's words) or verification that there will be this event and we are invited to it.
Can you or someone else contact me as soon as possible to let us know if you can help out? You can find me at my user page in en-wiki en:User_talk: Thelmadatter or you can link onto my email. Thelmadatter 18:04, 7 June 2011 (UTC)
Hi. I know this is probably not gonna be good, most certainly for me, but I feel that I must bring this to you, since Pharos is not paying any attention to it. The page on Wikimania takes Manhattan claims that it's to give people the chance to experience the "Capital of the World" - which has been changed a few times to make it less offensive to non-americans. Pharos has changed this back and the only way we've been able to get round this is for someone to add a "Citation needed" after the statement. America might be a lot of things, but this Capital of the World thing is wrong, frankly - it is offensive, and I would ask for this statement to be changed, with instructions that it not be altered. Sorry to do this, but thank you anyway. BarkingFish 19:11, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
- I've tried to make it more NPOV. Not sure it's good enough but hope so. I think Pharos was trying to make a pun (e.g. NYC vs DC rivalry) and be humorous, and definitely not intending to offend anyone. Cheers. Aude 19:22, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
- (ec) To be clear, it's the city not the country or continent which is the Captial of the World. ("America" above was ambiguous). Anyway, it's been edited again now. --Jeremyb 19:24, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you for dealing with that, I appreciate it. BarkingFish 19:26, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
- As a matter of Wikimania ego stroking, I will allow no city to be above Washington ;-). But yes, the page could have been designed with more tact. I apologize for that. Harej 20:30, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
I'm sorry for bothering you, but after I send you the requested information (on 20 March) I have not received an answer. So, when can I expect a letter of invitation? Ruslik0 (talk) 10:36, 3 April 2012 (UTC)
126.96.36.199 23:18, 6 April 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Harej (talk) 01:08, 8 April 2012 (UTC)
- Could I get your email address? Or you can email me at <username>@gmail.com. I expect you'll know who this is! Also, I love that you call him "Chris Brown" as well. <3 188.8.131.52 02:33, 9 April 2012 (UTC)
Request the letter of invitation
I've send the request letter with my information and the scanned document of my passport to your email box: james.harewikidc.org just now, and my email address is iblue.cat. Please check your email box. I hope to get your reply and my letter soon, thx :D --Shujenchang (talk) 07:35, 26 April 2012 (UTC)
- You can't edit translation pages directly—you have to use the translation tool. Here it is. Harej (talk) 04:03, 5 May 2012 (UTC)
Invitation letter again
Hey, really sorry for bothering you, I know you must be swamped by all the preparations. I however did not receive an invitation letter yet and my interview with the US consulate in Vienna is on Monday. I have also sent and e-mail to the firstname.lastname@example.org from my dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov (at) gmail.com account providing my details. Would be great to have for the interview. Thank you advance. --Dimi z (talk) 14:49, 8 May 2012 (UTC)
Hi, I've already registered and paid for the Wikimaina 2012. Basically I'm from Pakistan national but living in U.A.E., I have to require a visit visa to attend Wikimedia in Washington so would you please arrange an invitation letter for my US visa application please asap.
I came to see where my presentation is and found it under IIII.
So I pressed edit to fix it and saw that you did it already. Funny caching.
- There were several instances of IIII that I corrected to IV and VIIII that I corrected to IX. The one I fixed today (or almost-today) was just one I didn't catch. I'm glad, in any case, that "IIII" and "VIIII" is just plain wrong and not some non-American variant than I'm an insensitive jerk for "fixing". (That quirk about "IIII" is interesting though.) Harej (talk) 23:12, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
Hi, I'm sorry to bother you but I am still waiting for the invitation letter. I could not fill-up the detail information in the visa application form. Can I contact somebody who can assist me? Invitation letter is needed for leave and preparing other documents that may support the visa process. I expect the letter before I go to get appointment in the US Embassy, Kathmandu.--Ganesh Paudel (talk) 10:47, 17 May 2012 (UTC)
James, I met a man called Somana Ganapathi today, he'd like to talk to you - his username is Somana Ganapathi, and his message is viewable on his userpage at User:Somana Ganapathi. Please get in touch with him - his email address is somana47gmail.com. Thanks! Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry (talk)